Facebook has finally launched its Messenger App for desktop that will enable you to communicate with friends and family across the world. The app is now available on the Microsoft Store and Mac App Store, lets you start video calls, just like on the mobile and web versions. It also includes a dark mode, which Facebook has been rolling out as one of the new features introduced to the desktop’s redesign.
According to Facebook, these are some highlights of the Messenger App
- Group video calls on a larger screen. Stay in touch with family and friends, join a workout, or host a virtual happy hour.
- Easy to connect. You don’t need to know someone’s email or phone number since all your Facebook friends have Messenger.
- Your chats are easily accessible, and you can pop in and out of the app while doing other things on your computer.
- You can receive notifications for new messages, so you can quickly find the chat you’re looking for. But you’re in control — you can choose to mute and snooze notifications.
- Chats sync across mobile and desktop. You’ll never miss a call or message no matter what device you’re using.
- Everything you love about Messenger on a bigger screen. Including Dark Mode and GIFs.
As we are in a period of social distancing and working from home, we now more than ever need to use video calls to communicate with workmates, friends, and family.