YouTube has grown to be one of the best search engines with millions of videos which include entertainment, educational, lifestyle, DIYs, cat videos, fashion vlogs, sports clips, cartoons, tech reviews, cooking tips, and many more. Aside from the tones of Information available on YouTube, you can make money from advertisements after creating your YouTube channel. These are some statistics about YouTube.
- The total number of people who use YouTube – 1,300,000,000.
- Almost 5 billion videos are watched on YouTube every single day.
- In an average month, 8 out of 10 18-49 year-olds watch YouTube.
- The highest-paid YouTube partner is Daniel Middleton – DanTDM with annual income reaching $16.5 million for 2017.
- The youngest YouTube star Ryan ToysReview who is 6 years old who is six years old made $11,000,000 in 2017.
Those statistics show that there is great potential for information and revenue. For you to enjoy the benefits, you will need to create a channel and then start your youtube journey. This video shows you how to create a channel step by step. Click and learn how to create a Youtube channel and upload your first video.
Once you start a channel, you need to:
Keep consistency: Upload videos consistently, you may choose to upload daily, weekly, or choose a specific schedule that suits you.
Build a community: You will need loyal fans who will keep coming back to watch your videos whenever you upload them.
Collaborate: If you can, collaborate with fellow YouTubers around you so that you can increase your fanbase.
Optimize for search: Use key tags that will rank your videos so that they can be viewed when someone searches around your topic. It is important to put custom thumbnails for every video to make them attractive.
To be eligible for monetization and make money, YouTube requires you to have 1000 Subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time in the last 12 months.