The National Information Technology Authority, Uganda (NITA-U) in conjunction with UNICEF has introduced an online platform to assist secondary school children during this period of school shutdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Kolibri is a free-of-charge, and easy to use digital learning platform; with education content approved by the National Curriculum Development Centre (NCDC) of Uganda. It is aimed at empowering learners with skills required to survive in this era of Information Technology.
The content covers Secondary School Science and Mathematics for Senior 1 up to 4. Each topic is presented with illustrations; some of which are in video format. Feel free to share the same with another parent who has children in the Ordinary Level.
Please note that you need any of the following gadgets to access and use the Kolibri e-learning platform; a Smartphone, Tablet, Laptop or desktop computer that is connected to the internet.
Below are the steps one needs to follow to utilize the service:
- Open your browser (Chrome) on the gadget being used.
- Load/type the following link: http://e-learning.education.go.ug/
- A login page will display requiring you to enter your username and Password. For simplicity, select “Explore without an account”.
- The following content folders will display; Secondary School, Youth Center, Funza, and Ministry of Education and Sports & Kyambogo University for inclusive education in Uganda.
- Click on the Secondary School folder and proceed to navigate through the content accordingly.
- You may proceed to navigate through other content folders such as Youth Center and Funza since they are equally good for the learner. The content folder named, “Ministry of Education and Sports & Kyambogo University for inclusive education in Uganda”, is for special needs children in Primary.
Parents are advised to utilize this chance to keep their children productive in this period.